Monday, March 2, 2015

Gofres!

Mis Seres Queridos,
     I don't even know what happened this week. Not much I guess. We had a gofre (waffle) party on Thursday. The señor couple that's on the military base near by made them for us because most of our district is going to be changing this transfer. It was awesome. I can't even remember the last time I've had a good gofre.
     Saturday we recieved transfer calls! I am headed to Sevilla! (aka Seville in English) Sevilla Ward 1. Yes, there is more than one ward there. Weird, right? My new companion will be Hna Garcia. I've met her once. She is very sweet. The last name sounds Spanish but she was def American when I talked to her. I don't know what that's about, I'll figure it out. I am sad to be leaving Cádiz though. It's a good place. Hna Smith is coming to take my place here. She's young in the mission but I´ve heard a lot of good things about her so I am excited for hna Evelo. Even though it's sad to leave her. Hna Evelo is the best.
     Also, Saturday night the Elders had a baptism. She is a little old lady. It was super precious. She walked in when hna Evelo and I were filling the font and she was super worried that she would drown or the water would be cold so we talked her through it all and let her feel and choose the water temperatura. Super adorable.
     Antoni came to church yesterday even though we told him he didn't have to if he didn't feel up to it. He is super dedicated. They bought all kinds of coffee substitutes and are testing them all out. Amalia is still afriad. She told us this week that it all just scared her so much because when she me with us she really just expected us to have a very basic knowledge of the Bible with an emphaisis on families based on what she had heard before. But instead we know everything that she has studied and discovered on her own and more and that freaks her out. She has a hard time accepting that there really is one true group out there. It's kind of frustrating for us because she literally has no problem with any doctrine at all. I think she is just wondering if we are a trick coming from Satan or actually from God. Time will tell?
And that's all for this week. I love you all.
Hermana Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment