Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pueblo Life

Well Hello,
     Another week passed in Puertollano. Just preaching the gospel, strengthening church. Yup.
     We did intercambios with the SHEs in Dos Hermanas. I found out what SHE stands for finally: Super Hermana Entrenadora. Woohoo. I kind of hate doing intercambios. I am trying to gain a testimony of it so hard. I stayed here and guided poor unsuspecting Hermana Moreno around. I was happily surprised that  I can actually find my way around the town by myself. Also, I spoke nothing but spanish for 24 hours and I like didn't have a problem. Didn't know I could do that. We also lost our top investigators to long term vacations but I guess that just means we have more room to find and teach new people. A lot of room.
     At least we know crazy Pedro will never leave us. Have I ever talked about crazy Pedro? He's crazy. He tells us he can't leave his piso and come to church because he is waiting for an ambulance to come and get him. He called them 74 days ago (he counts) so they really should come any day now. But he really likes the Plan of Salvation.
     We were just walking along the other day when an old lady stopped me. I couldn't understand what she was saying because she was old and spanish so I made her repeat herself like four times when I finally realized she was asking if I would help her cross the street. I said sure so she linked her arm through mine and we began the long procession of crossing the street. I expect my boy scout badge to come in the mail any day now.
     Yesterday we went to lunch at the house of the Montes family again. The main course? Rabbit leg. I ate a rabbit's leg. He kept calling it Bugs Bunny and I wanted to die. It was attached to the bone and everything and even looked like Bugs Bunny's leg. My stomach has become strong.
     So that's pretty much all I can think of right now. I love you all. Have a good week.
Hermana Hannah Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment