Thursday, February 6, 2014

You Lose Some, You Gain Some

  SO Im going to try to write as much as I can in the next 15 minutes so sorry if it incoherent.
Thursday we went to the Prado Art museum. They wouldn't let me take pictures but it was absolutely amazing. I love art. Classical paintings and sculpture. My favorite room was portraits of royalty. There was this one princess that they had paintings of her at pretty much every age so you could see her grow up from infancy to old age. Way cool.


Missionaries came from the Provo MTC and they are headed to missions in Russia.
Park day was CRAZY. I was with One of the sisters from Russia and one of the sisters from the US going to Russia. I was the only one out of three who could actually communicate with anyone. Everyone thought we were crazy when I tried to explain why I was the only one talking even though I've only studied Spanish for a month. 
We did have a pretty good conversation with this old man named Rafael. The first thing he said to me was that he couldn't believe Christianity because there is no way God and Jesus Christ could be the same person. I got really excited and told him that they aren't! I think he thought that I didn't know what I was saying though and he just kept throwing crazy questions at me and I had answers to them but them he mentions that God doesn't need our prayers just like he doesn't need love or food or air something like that and I told him that God has a body and he just thought I was nuts. I don´t know how to say very much in Spainish. He told me he would teach me yoga and I could talk more about my church. I invited him to church but he just laughed so I didn't think anything would come of it. but then I ran into the other sisters and they told us this man came up to them and them they were late and asked them where church was and if he could go even though he doesn't have children because the pamphlet I gave hime was full of pictures of families. I want him to go so badly.
So yesterday some more missionaries arrived. They are all from Spain or Mexico and are headed to Spain. The sister from Italy is now with Hermana Read and I. I love her so much. I wish she was coming to Malaga so that we didn't have to say goodbye. There are sooo many missionaries now at the MTC. Over 40 at least. But the missionaries from Russia going to Russia left.
I tried to send pictures but it looks like they arent sending again.
I can see why teenage boys need moms. One of the Elders in my district hasn't washed his hair in three weeks. he says it is unnecessary. I say it is unacceptable not to mention super gross.
Thursday is scarf day. We make everyone wear scarves. I distribute my scarves to those without. Everyone looks fabulous. Hopefully there will be a picture coming.

Well looks like I'm almost out of time. I love you!
Hermana Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment