Monday, June 1, 2015

La Mudanza


     Hey, guess what! I'm sitting here, writing you all from McDonald's.
What? How is that possible? Unless, wait, I have an iPad. That's
right. I have joined the ranks of those who have technology.
#selfie
There are so many restrictions on here that really I can only email, study Spanish, read scriptures, and watch Mormon messages. But it is pretty much literally the coolest thing I have ever done. Yesterday we taught Sunday school with the online manual and a video. And we taught an investigator a lesson using the kid's pamphlets app. Everyone thinks we are really cool now. We have become way more exciting all of the sudden.
     Ooo another thing, I can now read my email whenever I want. I can only reply on Monday, but I can read it whenever I want. So you should all send me a bunch of emails throughout the week so that I can feel cool every time I go to the church or walk by a McDonald's.
     Well anyways about transfers. It has officially come to pass. We are #whitewashing (I have an iPad, that's earned me the right to use hashtags)(are hashtags even like a thing anymore? Are they even a fake thing? #outdated)) Triana. This was probably the most tiring week of my life. But hey, you should all Google search Triana. It's pretty cool. And the part of the centre that we have has all the cool old
stuff. I mean, that also means all of the touristy stuff, which means
all hotels no apartment buildings, but, like alls good.
     We had to move pisos from the other side of the city. What a pain. And
this "new" pisos is the most chungo piso that I have ever been in. The
beds are basically in the kitchen. The pots and pans are stored under
the sink (where the mold grows) and the bathroom door doesn't open.
Oh, it closes just fine, the problem is opening after it's closed. We
have each locked ourselves in the bathroom like five times. But it's
okay, because we figured out that if the companion that is not locked
in the bathroom hands the companion that is locked into the bathroom a
knife through the window in the kitchen (yes, there's a window from
the kitchen to the bathroom) the one that's in the bathroom can jam
said knife into the crack between the wall and the door handle and pry
herself out. These are the kind of skills I am developing on the
mission mom and dad.
     Needless to say my new companion and I have had some really good
bonding experiences.
     Hermana Seoane is super Spanish, but don't tell her I said that. A
couple of members freaked because she is from the same town as Franco
(#googleit) but hearts were healed after she declared she always liked
South America more than her own country. #imayneverunderstandspain
but I like her. She cooks well and likes to contact. All I could ask
for in a killer.
     We've had a few serious miracles happen. Yesterday alone we found four
new investigators. (People that the elders didn't know before.) It's all
very exciting. I am being forced to work hard until the end.
#exhausted
Well love you!
Hermana Hannah Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment