Tuesday, April 14, 2015

El Arie Sevillano

Dear Todos,
     Either my life has gotten very boring or my perspective has changed. I need to start looking for cool things that happen so that I can write exciting letters.
     We just spend a lot of time walking around trying to find investigators.
     This guy contacted us on the street a couple of weeks ago and wanted to meet with us, so we set up a time and place but he didn't show--so then we kind of forgot about him... awkward. But then he called us this week, apologized and set up another meeting. We met with him and the lesson actually went really great and he swore he would come to church, but then he didn't. We called him and found out he doesn't actually even live in our area. He lives in one of the random Pueblos that we don't actuallly work in. So off to the Elders he goes. It was a cool experience though. He'll probably get baptized or something.
     My companion has decided to define me as an old native elder. Soooo if you have ever wondered what kind of missionary I am... that's it. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
   
 It's transfer week but nothing is happening to us.
     I just read over this email and I sound depressed or something. I promise I am not. I am very happy... I just can't think of anything to say.
     Sevilla is really pretty. Especially as the weather warms up. Spain thrives in the summer. The people all open their doors and sit on the proches and sing and gossip. There are orange trees and daisies everywhere.
It smells almost overwhelmingly of orange trees and incense (a nice catholic touch). Oh, but don't forget the cigarette smoke. I've almost become immune to cigarette smoke. I don't usually smell it anymore. But I know that it is there :)

Well. Sorry for the uneventfulness. Being a missionary really is the best thing ever.
I love you!
Hermana Hannah Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment